Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Perseverance

Yosemite is truly a beautiful place. God sure must have had fun putting it together. He must enjoy it every day as seasons change, blanketing it with a new look, and as countless sunrises and sunsets paint the landscape heavenly colors.

A group of us families from back home in Davao went camping there this last weekend. The highlight of the trip was probably Half Dome. It's about 17 miles, round trip. A long day hike, but do-able. I saw some things there that were truly inspiring, in the creation around us, and in my fellow hikers.

I saw my dad staying at the back of the group, helping along anyone who needed aid, giving "survival powder" to people who needed it. I saw him help my best friend Lem up to the top, even as Lem's legs were cramping up.

I saw Lem persevering up the entire hike, and all the way back down, even though he was in pain. I saw him taking pictures, as he always does, to help cement the wonderful day in all our memories.

I saw Uncle Roger hike the entire hike, slowly but surely, despite his complications with his knee. Unfazed by pain or by having to hike slow, he conquered Half Dome with the rest of us, and even swam in the freezing cold Merced River on the way down.

This trip served as another reminder of my awesome creator God, and of the beautiful friends and family that He has given me. Thank you, God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home